October - December 2016
– Started working on a new project. Studio recording and live performances coming in 2017. Still "MG Circle", but totally new line up. Surprise!!
– On August 20 I will play at the 5/4 Prog Rock Festival at Lee's Palace. This time my "Maurizio Guarini Circle" will be just a duo, with the great guitar player Matt Campbell. Some backing tracks and experimental arrangements to give a different taste to some songs of my album and to other Goblin works.
– Starting my solo live project, "Maurizio Guarini Circle". Debut will be April 2nd at the Opera House in Toronto, opening for the prog band Magma. The goal of my live project, on top of playing my music, is performing live tunes that I played over the years, never played live before, and that in my opinion are worth to be shared. This will include less known Goblin works, other soundtracks that I worked on, and more.
– I started thinking to my next solo album. Temporary title is "Spare Socks", and will include new songs as well as old compositions waiting to be given life, like I did in "Creatures". For now is just an idea, no plans for release date.
– I will attend at Shock Stock in London ON on April 24/26 and probably at Hero Fest in Kingston on April 11/12. Stay tuned.
– After a few month of work we are ready to release or new Goblin Album "Four of a Kind". We went with PledgeMusic for a crowdfunding Campaign. Most likely we will sart touring in the spring presenting our album live.
– Attended at Electric Eclectics festival in Meaford to present an experiment with interaction of real midi instrument with imaginary instruments in virtual worlds. For instance, I've built a virtual environment based on Opensim 3D platform where several avatars can login and virtually play together using real midi instruments in real life.
– Third leg of tour added for March/April. Southern US from Florida to Texas to Arizona to California. Steve Moore of Zombi will join us as a second keybard player.
– Second tour of Goblin in US. This time we went through Midwest. Fabio and Agostino re-joined the band. Now we are 4/5 of the original in 1975.
– Ready for the first ever Goblin tour in North America. Tour will start in Atlanta on October 1st and end in Austin on October 27.
– Ready to fly again to Australia on July 6 for some Goblin shows. This time we'll visit New Zealand too. We'll play Suspiria (live!! in sync with the movie) in Perth and Auckland. Plus 2 shows in Melbourne and Sydney.
– Thank everybody that was at my CD Release Party
and supported it. I wasn't expecting so many people. People from different music cultures (and I didn't forget to dress my show with a bit of Goblin, horror, experimental, imagination). Thanks Thanks..
– Creatures from a Drawer
is downloadable from bandcamp
– Has been delayed several time, but finally on Wednesday June 5 the CD RELEASE PARTY
for my album Creatures from a Drawer will be held, location: Lula Lounge
, 1585 Dundas St W, Toronto. Most of the Album will be played live.
– On March 22 to 24 I will be attending as part of the Profane Exhibit screening and panel at the HorrorHound Weekend in Cincinnati, OH. My new album Creatures From a Drawer and some Goblin merch will be available for purchase.
February 2nd, 2013
- A listening Release Party in Toronto will be announced soon, and will take place around the end of February.
January 31st, 2013
– My debut solo album, "Creatures from a Drawer", has been released.
The new Album can be purchased online going to the BackToTheFudda online store
I have been working on this album since summer 2011. The album is a collection of tunes that were waiting to be realized. More info about the album and tunes preview are available at www.creaturesfromadrawer.com
January 31st, 2013
– Website launched. First version of website is online. Lots of updates coming soon!!!
– Trip to Australia with Goblin. We performed at the Melbourne Town Hall (sold out) and I had the occasion to play live using the huge 9500 pipes Town Hall pipe organ. Two days later we performed in a movie teathre, playing live the score of Suspiria in sync with the movie. Unique experience, was the first time, people were hypnotized. Great Australian experience!
- Second trip to Japan with Goblin, just one Year after the Prog Fest. This time I flew from Toronto and met the rest of the band directly in Tokyo (they flew from Italy). We performed at the Hibiya anphitheatre. It was a three band event, we were the headliners. Legendary Van der Graaf Generator played just before us. Again, a very positive experience in Japan after last year Prog Fest.